This article is part of the Ebay affiliate program guide.
What is an ACRU?
ACRU stands for Active confirmed registered user. It means…
Someone who has never used Ebay before clicked your link, went to Ebay, registered for Ebay and also made a bid or a purchase.
These are valuable to Ebay as they represent a new customer that has never used Ebay before. Any ACRUs you provide Ebay will likely raise your “quality score” and has direct influence on what you will make in the short term and the long term.
I heard that Ebay pays a certain amount for each ACRU, is that true?
No it is not true, it was that way a few years ago but is no longer the case.
If I get an ACRU on Tuesday will my EPC (earnings per click) go up Tuesday?
No. You are unlikely to see any benefit to your earnings on the same day you see an ACRU on your reports. They will however factor into how much you make over the next week or month.
How to get more ACRUs
The best way to get more ACRUs is to promote within communities that are unlikely to be familiar with Ebay. Often non technical things that older Americans want to buy is a good general area.
What is the difference between ACRUs and CRUs?
You get paid for ACRUs, you do not get paid for CRUs.
What is a CRU
CRU stands for “confirmed registered user. What it means is someone has signed up for Ebay but has not made a purchase or a bid. Once that user has become active (by buying or bidding) that CRU will turn into an ACRU in your reports.
What can I learn from ACRUs and CRUs
If you have alot of CRUs and not many ACRUs:
- This means you are sending people to the wrong type of listing and your audience is more likely to prefer “buy it now” items, rather than auctions.
- This also can mean you are not describing what you are sending to your visitors to very well, and you can improve your presale.
If you have alot of ACRUs:
- Great! That is exaqcly where you want to be.
If you have no (or very very few) CRUs and no ACRUs:
- This means you are not getting much traffic. or…
- This may also mean your webpage subject or the way you get users to click your ads is not as good as it could be. You are likely sending people to Ebay who don’t want to be there.