SEOmoz has announced that they will be holding a full day SEO training event on October 1st in Seattle which costs between 199 – 399 dollars, depending on when you register, and if you are a premium member of SEOmoz or not.
When I read about it I was excited for a couple reasons. First reason was the free drinks part, to be completely honest, but the second reason was more serious.
I have recently chosen to stop working with clients, but there were a few people (you know who are) who I was going to at least try to dedicate some time consulting. Ready for my consultation?
Attend the SEOmoz Training.
You can invest your time and money on this while safely knowing it will help you now and also serve as a solid foundation for further learning.
The biggest problem that I see in the entire SEO field is the lack of a clear definition of what information represents a base level knowlege of practical SEO.
There are volumes of information available on the web, some of it is extraordinarily great info, some of it is utter BS. How does someone choose? Even if you identify the good from the bad, there is still the problem of sorting through all the information and making real decisions from it. What is important? What is not important? What do I do first? What can wait?
What are the “ABC’s” of SEO?
I was really pleased when I looked at the subjects this training is covering. It is remarkably similar to what I envision as “a solid foundation”of skills and concepts needed to understand and profit from SEO.
Some benefits I see in the SEOmoz training seminar…
Information from a reliable source.
- Rand Fishkin is widely regarded one of the most knowledgeable and professional people in SEO. He is also a personable and talented speaker. He and his SEOmoz staff have trained enterprise level businesses the ins and outs of SEO. Real world, current SEO. It is a surprise to me that he is providing this training at such a low price. This is a good opportunity to get this kind of training from an acknowledged leader of our field.
Scope of coverage.
- The subjects covered are, as I said, the ABC’s of SEO, and are a foundation of knowledge that isn’t theory, but actually a great core set of what is important right now in SEO. The subjects are…
- An Introduction to Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Algorithms
- Keyword Research & Keyword Targeting
- Content Development Strategies
- Social Media Marketing
- Blogging & the Blogosphere
- Search Engine Friendly Design
One of the greatest benefits of this training is the networking. You will meet and interact with the SEOmoz staff and your peers and this is important. It is very nice that I feel confident, when I have something useful to say or ask, that I can emailanyone at SEOmoz, and get a timely response. If you attend this training, I think you will feel confident about this too. A fundamental part of successful SEO is knowing and interacting with others in the field and the whole crew of SEOmoz are active people in the field, who are quite frankly, good people to know.
The info page for the training says…
“Each module will contain a thorough how-to presentation followed by Q&A. Come prepared with questions about your site(s) and specific issues. Get clear answers and instructions you can put into action now.”
This is good. They are actually telling you to bring your problems to them.
Free Booze Additional, informal networking opportunity
Okay, I know that I was at the last party SEOmoz threw and I drank like a madman. Due to my prolific drinking, I could justify the cost of this on the free booze alone.
Visit SEOmoz to find out more details about this training.